Spotlight | 19 June 2017 12:16 CET

My Lover Dumped me Because I Could not Afford Gifts for her…Super Eagles Star, Odion Ighalo

If guys are not responsible enough and also have the grace of God in them, they might just end up being pushed into making wrong choices all in the name of pleasing a lady they love.

Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo, who recently moved to China from Watford, has shared a brief story of his journey into stardom and that did not just go without him mentioning a lady who dumped him.

Ighalo, started from grass to grace as he started his football career from Ajegunle and through the grace of God, he is now in the world stage and blessed with happy family.

Sharing a throwback photo of his journey, the player said at some point in his struggling days, his girlfriend dumped him because he could not afford gifts for her back then.

In his words, “ighalo jude From Ajegunle to the world, I serve a living God, this is me 11 years ago. Those earrings are not earrings, I could not even afford to buy earrings that is tape, plasta. I am a testimony, I knew with God everything is possible, I was just holding on to my God, my high school girlfriend left me then because I had nothing to offer her. But I had God and I had a dream. Never give up on your Dream, the same God that elevated me shall elevate you , hold on to him and trust his timing. I am a testimony, you are a testimony, put God first and it's all done Amen. #Mondaymotivation#”

[B]The P-square brothers Peter and Paul Okoye, might have gone their separate ways and they are already doing their solo music but that has not stopped the families from being happy.[/B] Things might not be going well with them career wise but whe
[B]Singer, Flavour Nabania and his babymama, Sandra, are currently celebrating their daughter’s birthday as she turns 3years old but some fans seems to find something wrong with the picture.[/B] One of the pictures shared by Flavour shows hi
[B]When it comes to Nollywood epic, there are few names to be identified with that will get you good scripts and also scout for good talents that can deliver the roles well.[/B] Just like every other Nollywood celebs, actress, Charity Asuquo, is s
[B]Legendary singer, Queen Salawa Abeni, has made good investments in the lives of her children that they have been making her proud.[/B] Her happiness is just countless as her kids have brought so much joy to her not just financially alone but ma
[B]Singer, Orezi, is making name for himself in the Nigerian music industry the little way he can and he has been doing that without stress.[/B] Of recent, the singer has been seen rocking new hair style which has been applauded in some quarters b