90% of Nigerian Gospel Artists are Lazy…Singer, Mike Abdul Blasts
Gospel singer, Mike Abdul, has decided to speak up on the kind of attitude some of his colleagues in the same genre have been putting up in recent times.
The singer stated that 90% of the gospel singers have become lazy as they go about singing other people’s songs all in the name of gospel music.
Read his view below;
Lazy GOSPEL ARTISTS. That's what 90% of us have become. Everybody is singing Everybody's song. Originality is fading away and we think we're doing fine. We sing less of our own songs as artists and just sing anything that makes the people happy. Our repertoire is so filled with the songs of other artists that even when these other artists are billed to perform on the same stage with us, we will still sing their songs because we're used to the repertoire. We've become like hyenas feeding off the sweat of others.
We just wait for the artist who will painstakingly record a great song, spend millions to promote it and all of us will start singing the same song; "Only you can do what no man can do JEHOVAH ". It's Love; that's the excuse.
It's Gospel; another excuse. And gradually we're losing integrity. Soft rock is the new worship genre and everybody is doing it, no wonder we all want to perform before they call some other artists; we know they will just sing all our repertoire before we come up. If we continue like this, the future is bleak. It just means that we just want to make the money we want to make and get out. We measure the success of our performance by "turn up", "the place scatter", "when i finished, Mike Abdul had nothing left to sing" or "as i finished everybody left the hall". Chaiiiiiiiii !!!!!!! Decadence !!!!!!!! How did we get here ?
- Kemi Otegbade Allegedly goes into Hiding, Issues Dud Cheque to Eniola Badmus Others
- Actress, princess Chineke gets Lovely Gift from Male Fan (Photo)
- Actress, , Adediwura Set to Support 150 Widows in Nigeria
- Actress, Queen Nwokoye Angry Over Fake Nollywood ‘Wakanda’ Poster
- Veteran Actor, Pat Ata looking Cute, Set to Return to Nollywood
- Actress, Onyii Alexx Steps out in Sexy Outfit, Flaunts Massive Backside
- Singer, Timaya Spoils Mother with Great love
- “I didn't set out to be a Single Parent”…Actress, Oge Okoye