Nollywood At Large | 7 January 2017 07:05 CET

If My Spoken English is Poor, No Problem Then…Mercy Aigbe Reacts to BON Awards

Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, has finally reacted to various claims that she refused to host or attend the Best of Nollywood (BON) awards because she is not vast with her spoken English.

The actress, along with comedian Okey Bakassi was mearnt to host the event but to the surprise of many, she was nowhere to be found and this led to various speculations.

Reacting on the issue, the actress stated that she chose not to talk about it because everyone is entitled to their opinion and if they claim her spoken English is bad then it’s all good.

Speaking with punch newspaper, she said, “I would not speak on why I was not at BON awards or why I did not host the event. I don’t care about what anybody says. If they say my spoken English is not fluent, that is their business. I do not speak fluently yet I have hosted various awards including City peoples Awards. People have watched my interviews on television and they listen to me speak on my social media accounts.”

2 days ago
[B]Nollywood actress, Toyin Aimakhu better known as Toyin Abraham, may have had a failed home, but she has been able to nature her career to a point she can say she is proud of herself.[/B] It has not been an easy journey for the actress but her a
2 days ago
[B]Nollywood actress, Empress Njamah, has been enjoying a silent and peaceful lifestyle including a good career that many wonder how she copes without a man.[/B] Not many can tell if she is in a relationship because she has not given anyone any fo
2 days ago
[B]Hmm, for some time now, popular Lagos base on-air-personality, Daddy Freeze, has been in news for lots of reasons on issues bothering the mind as he keeps airing his views about some things.[/B] Of recent, he has been on the neck of some Pastor
2 days ago
[B]It has not been an that rosy for singer, Muma Gee and her hubby, Prince Eke, has their marriage had created lots of controversies which made many wonder what is going on in the homes of some entertainers.[/B] Fine, the two love birds may have m
2 days ago
[B]Looking at music growth in Nigeria, there is no way names will be mentioned that singer, Ebenezer Obey’s name will not be part of the list because he and others have contributed so much.[/B] Not many of his kind are still alive today but
Load More Stories....