Nollywood At Large | 7 January 2017 07:05 CET

If My Spoken English is Poor, No Problem Then…Mercy Aigbe Reacts to BON Awards

Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, has finally reacted to various claims that she refused to host or attend the Best of Nollywood (BON) awards because she is not vast with her spoken English.

The actress, along with comedian Okey Bakassi was mearnt to host the event but to the surprise of many, she was nowhere to be found and this led to various speculations.

Reacting on the issue, the actress stated that she chose not to talk about it because everyone is entitled to their opinion and if they claim her spoken English is bad then it’s all good.

Speaking with punch newspaper, she said, “I would not speak on why I was not at BON awards or why I did not host the event. I don’t care about what anybody says. If they say my spoken English is not fluent, that is their business. I do not speak fluently yet I have hosted various awards including City peoples Awards. People have watched my interviews on television and they listen to me speak on my social media accounts.”

2 days ago
[B]Ghanaian actress cum Nollywood actress, Juliet Ibrahim, may have not had it rosy in her marriage to her ex-hubby but that did not stop her from giving her heart to another man.[/B] The actress love life has been a topic of discuss by many but t
2 days ago
[B]Some rumors have been going round that sexy Ghanaian actress, Yvonne Nelson, is married and keeping things on a low key.[/B] Well, rumours are part of the price they pay for becoming celebrities as many will want to know much about them includi
2 days ago
[B]For a while now, pretty Nollywood actress, Uche Ogbodo, has been working on her body and the result is finally here as she looked trimmed in latest photo.[/B] The actress is currently out of the country trying to promote her movie, ‘Stole
2 days ago
[B]Nollywood actor cum producer, Femi Ogedengbe with wife some days back celebrated their 5[SUP]th[/SUP] year wedding anniversary together.[/B] To a large extent, couples still enjoying their marriage life always make it clear to young and aspirin
2 days ago
[B]Cross River based comedian and on-air-personality, Last Prophet with wife, Joy Awade, are already expecting their third child in couple of months precisely in 2018.[/B] The two love birds have two kids already and many might belief that they ar