Interviews | 7 January 2017 02:56 CET

Gospel Singers Should not feel Bad If a Church don’t Pay Them…Singer, Peace Joshua

Gospel music in Nigeria has not been an easy genre as it is seen as a genre of music where there is no money compared to secular music but for fast rising gospel singer, Peace Joshua, it is not about the money but the love for God’s work.

Recently speaking with Nollywoodgists.com, the singer took her time to deal on some issues she encountered just to make gospel music and perception about some things among some Christians.

Read excepts below;
As a gospel singer, can you marry someone who is more into the secular world than gospel?

Secular world of music, no. But if he just likes listening to secular music it’s a different ball game entirely. Above all he has to be born again for me to marry him.

Doing gospel music, do you think Nigerian youths of today are ready to listen to it compared to secular music?

Yes they do. A lot of them now listen to gospel music, unlike before.

As a gospel musician, is it proper for you to charge a church before performing since it is believed that it is God’s work you are doing also?

There’s a difference between performing and ministering, it’s not proper for a gospel musician to charge a church before ministering, preaching the words through music is God's work but it shouldn’t be taken for granted. If the artiste has to travel down to another place for the programme that church should be able to arrange all necessary arrangements for the artist. Besides a man’s gift makes a way for him, so I believe honorarium should be accorded to the artist in order to encourage the ministry. In a nutshell, the artist shouldn’t be the one scouting for honorarium, if you are given fine, if not, bless God and don’t feel bad.

Can your fans get to know how music all started for you and your personality?

Well, I started music right from when I grew up, I love singing so much. I just finished my O’level and I got admission into university in order to get more knowledge, and why I choose gospel is because I love God so much and I decided to worship him with the voice he gave me.

What influences the message in your music?
My message is to change the world and to minister to lives, those that thought they have lost hopes once they hear the song their hope will be restored.

What’s unique about your songs that will make people want to yearn for more?

You know people like it when you proclaimed the words of God upon them And when they believe and have faith in God it will start manifesting in their life

As Christians, the Bible advised that tithe should be paid but there have been arguments that it is better given to someone in need than pastor who is living large, what’s your take on that?

The bible standard is what we should follow, the tithe is God's own, you don’t gamble with it. Do what God says you should do and leave the rest for him. The tithe has to be paid; the money to save a life will come.

How long have you been doing gospel music and what have been the challenges so far?

I have been into music for like 5years now, when I did my first song I passed through many things even to the extent I have to hawk things around, I sold pure water and many other food items but today God has been so awesome.

It is believed that there is no money in gospel music, how do you plan to break such perception and hope you will not delve into secular music like some artiste have done?

I don’t do gospel because of the money I will get. I believe in God, he sustains me. I will keep preaching the gospel through music with my time and resources and nothing on earth can make me deviate into secular music.

emmykeyz
1/7/2017 8:31:37 AM
thanks peace Jay for letting d world know. Dat Gospel music isn't entertainment bt a way of preaching d God s word through songs... God bless.
peace Joshua
1/7/2017 12:43:23 PM
Tnks dear
blessed child
1/7/2017 9:17:32 AM
I really enjoy everything about dis lady I think wat she said here will change a lot of people's mine towards gospel music I love listening to gospel especially when u are proclaiming d words of God with powerful voice, keep it up peace.
Peace Joshua
1/7/2017 12:44:51 PM
Tnk u ma
blessed child
1/7/2017 9:17:33 AM
blessed child
1/7/2017 9:17:33 AM
blessed child
1/7/2017 9:17:33 AM
goodluck
1/7/2017 9:56:09 AM
Waooooo excellent I love dat dear keeping do it right d Lord gat yal back
Olofu
1/7/2017 9:56:38 AM
Great comment from a wonderful singer
tersoo
1/7/2017 11:11:26 AM
Thanks for the eye opener;i used to think all gospel artist are just out there 2 make the money and more money therefore no passion.LADY PEACE u shd b considered an AMBASSADOR of CHRIST.keep it up dear.
omojo
1/7/2017 11:36:55 AM
Lady peace thanks for letting d world know that God still excited, so many people just believe in money making forgetting that their maker is still alive... u are a really soul winner, is a Kudos to u
Pastor Ugo
1/7/2017 1:41:38 PM
The Word of God can never produce a failure, for anyone who believes what it says. I know your foundation and I can see your tomorrow. In that family, failure is not in their DNA. In that family, there is Sinach, Eben, Frank Edward, Joe Praize,, Ada, Jaydiel, Israel Strong and many others. Keep shinning & keep ministering the Word of God Sis. Peace! We love you and are proud of you
Peace Jey
1/7/2017 8:00:12 PM
Tank u pastor sir
johnnieblazer
1/7/2017 2:40:58 PM
Wow! Great words of inspiration by my lovely friend. Indeed the gospel will preach through the voice the lord has given you.
joerex
1/7/2017 4:14:33 PM
Ya words are encouraging keep d good works going d lord will use ya voice 2 get 2 people
Juliet
1/7/2017 4:37:28 PM
Go on my dear, the Lord will surely see u through this n ur voice will go all over the nation ijn.
Bro Ugochukwu Joshua.
1/7/2017 7:16:35 PM
Wow this is awesome. My Dear I'm inspired.keep it up.your light is shining everywhere. Remember your pastor said that God has given a message that must heard. You have songs that must spread all over the world.their is no stoping you you spread on every side.
Peace Jey
1/7/2017 8:01:04 PM
Tank u sir
P.boy
1/7/2017 8:33:51 PM
Pmajor
1/7/2017 9:26:32 PM
U got it dear.... Keep the light up..... Keep d good work....... d World can never be richer than God Cause u have God ur future is sure...... Love u dearly
Brenda Victor
1/7/2017 10:47:20 PM
Keep it up sweet heart, am with u,and nothing can stop u from shaining.am happy for this goldening voice God has blessed u with.
komelyn
1/8/2017 8:07:55 AM
Nice one sis peace, indeed the whole world awaits you manifestation as u kip spreading the word of God thru music. Tx for throwing more light on wot gospel music really stand for
Prinx Louis
1/8/2017 9:19:11 AM
More Grace Peace Joshua... u've done well #allaboutjesus
Sullivan
1/8/2017 9:39:22 AM
You are truely blessed sister Peace
Amaka Igwe
1/8/2017 12:33:39 PM
May God be ur strength ND may continue to take high above ur competitors
joshua chiamaka
1/8/2017 5:57:17 PM
Peace dear, may God continue to strengten u d more and take u higher places above URL imaginations in Jesus name. Ride on love
EMMA JESUS
1/18/2017 6:49:46 AM
am so happy for u letting d world know that gospel music is not all about mayking money but 2 preaching d world of god may bless u?
Francis uka
1/20/2017 6:29:25 AM
True Worship brings joy to the Lord, thank you for letting one to understand that we can do this for God and receive blessings that are being paid for it. God bless your heart greatly i appreciate
Uju bekee
8/19/2017 8:26:42 AM
Wow...well said my frnd,indeed dis is an eye opener.... Because is in d bible that wen u work 4 God wit all ur heart,he will definitely elevate u..more grace...may u be announce all over...winning souls to christ tru d gospel....cheers.
Paul isaiah
8/20/2017 1:40:57 AM
woww fire go dear ,da holyghost gat ur back

2 days ago
[B]Ghanaian actress cum Nollywood actress, Juliet Ibrahim, may have not had it rosy in her marriage to her ex-hubby but that did not stop her from giving her heart to another man.[/B] The actress love life has been a topic of discuss by many but t
2 days ago
[B]Some rumors have been going round that sexy Ghanaian actress, Yvonne Nelson, is married and keeping things on a low key.[/B] Well, rumours are part of the price they pay for becoming celebrities as many will want to know much about them includi
2 days ago
[B]For a while now, pretty Nollywood actress, Uche Ogbodo, has been working on her body and the result is finally here as she looked trimmed in latest photo.[/B] The actress is currently out of the country trying to promote her movie, ‘Stole
2 days ago
[B]Nollywood actor cum producer, Femi Ogedengbe with wife some days back celebrated their 5[SUP]th[/SUP] year wedding anniversary together.[/B] To a large extent, couples still enjoying their marriage life always make it clear to young and aspirin
2 days ago
[B]Cross River based comedian and on-air-personality, Last Prophet with wife, Joy Awade, are already expecting their third child in couple of months precisely in 2018.[/B] The two love birds have two kids already and many might belief that they ar