COSON Advocating For Marching Orders Against Intellectual Property
The federal government has been enjoined to give marching orders to Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Geoffrey Onyeama, to kick-start an intellectual property and creative revolution in Nigeria.
Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) made this call, saying this period of economic recession in Nigeria should be a cause for important soul searching for the Nigerian nation.
Delivering the 2016 official address on the State of the Nigerian Music Industry, COSON Chairman, Chief Tony Okoroji, maintains that the creative ingenuity of the Nigerian people can be seen in how wide Nigerian music, movies, literature, fashion, programming, and similar products of creative endeavour originating from Nigeria are in demand across the world.
He further claims that, this is clearly an area in which Nigeria has significant comparative advantage and what is needed is the spark to light the fire and the result will be astounding.
His words: ““We believe that President Muhammadu Buhari can give marching orders to both his Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo who has the training and the intellect to fully grasp the issues, and his Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Geoffrey Onyeama, who for several years was a respected Director at the World intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), to create real change in Nigeria. These gentlemen have the ability to kick-start an intellectual property and creative revolution in our country which can change the story of Nigeria forever.”
The post appeared first on PorscheClassy Media .
- Meet The New Miss Africa Great Britain Chinyanta K
- US-Based Nigerian Singer, Angelman Vows To Overtak
- ENDSARS: Africa Youth Leader Olakunle Churchill Ap
- Covering The #endsars London Protest - Burna Boy S
- Mmofra: Aflik TV launches African children animati
- #EndSARS: World Celebrities Show Solidarity With P
- "It Was A System Glitch"- Facebook Responds As Nao
- Deborah Rise Drops Music Video "We Have Won (Freed
- Nollywood Actress Ayo Adesanya Is Judge At Miss Af
- Hot Female Rapper Dedebah Drops Official Video Plu