Egbemode now Acting President Nigerian Guild of Editors
Prominent columnist and Editor, Funke Egbemode, has emerged the Acting President of the Nigerian Guild of Editors.
Egbemode is the Managing Director/Editor-in-Chief of New Telegraph newspaper.
She emerged the acting president of the NGE on Saturday at the second quarterly meeting of the association's Standing Committee held in Abuja.
Egbemode's emergence followed the vacancy created by the exit of the President of the Guild, Alhaji Garba Deen Muhammad, who was appointed as the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.
This was just as Muhammad's predecessor, Femi Adesina, was also appointed as the Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity to create the vacancy he filled.
Before joining the New Telegraph, Egbemode had also worked in the Sun, Punch and Post Express Newspapers and notable Nigerian newspapers.
She also served as the Special Adviser on Media to a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Patricia Olubunmi Etteh.
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For
- Check out Face of Candycity Culture Joy Oghenetega
- Faith Ajayi The Melanin Queen Nigeria stuns in new
- BBNaija Lockdown, others emerge most-watched TV sh
- Julian Marley, Master KG and other stars set for A
- 5 Trends to Follow in 2021 to Boost your Beauty Bu