Popular Musician, Yinka Ayefele Debunks Rumours of Him Converting to Islam
The news that popular yoruba gospel artiste, Yinka Ayefele converted to Islam spread like wild fire at the beginning of the week after few pictures surfaced online. In the picture, Ayefele was seen dressed up in a caftan and posing with four popular Islamic clerics.
The story of his conversion to Islam spread with many prominent personalities and men of God already making comments on social media about the issue.
However, the gospel artiste has debunked the claims. In a release issued by his Publicist, David Ajiboye said Ayefele is still a Christian and has no reason whatsoever to renounce his faith and belief.
The statement reads: “We believe the rumour must have emanated from the annual Ramadan Lecture, which Fresh 105.9FM, owned by Ayefele, organized on Tuesday, in Ibadan.
“Our station, Fresh 105.9FM had invited popular Islamic preacher, Alhaji Muideen Ajani Bello, as the Guest Preacher at our annual Ramadan Lecture which had over 4,000 people in attendance and because of this, some naive minds went to town to spread the rumour about Ayefele's conversion.”
Ajiboye further stated that the station is in existence to tolerate every religion and race.
“We believe it's part of our social responsibility to organize such a spiritual rebirth programme to sensitize our Muslim listeners on the ideals of Islam, most especially in this holy season.”
- Moesha Buduong allegedly fighting 'spiritual illne
- I don’t sleep around for movie roles – Angela Egua
- Some more: Nigerian singer MC Wallywa's song debut
- Idia Aisien is Blanck Magazine’s Cover Star: Talks
- 'Eyimofe’: Twin Directors’ impressive Feature Debu
- Lydia Forson, Zynnel Zuh & Naa Ashorkor struggle w
- Ria Kosher Drops New Collection Tagged 'Loud Silen
- Censors Board, filmmakers harp on effective imple
- Iyo: Diamond Platnumz uniting Africa with new song
- Nkechi Blessing Unveiled As Titan Farms Brand Amba