Why Nigerians Will Never Forget Rapper Dagrin
Today marked the 6th year since the passing away of talented Oladapo Olaitan 'Dagrin' Olaonipekun who died from injuries he sustained in a ghastly motor accident. He died on April 22, 2010. He was just 22 years old, but his unique style of rap music was already very popular.
In the early hours of April 14, 2010 Dagrin had been involved in a lone accident, colliding with a stationary articulated vehicle in front of Alakara Police Station, off Agege Motor Road, Mushin, Lagos.
Before he gave up his ghost, He had first been treated at Tai Solarin Hospital, Mushin but was later transferred to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba, where doctors declared him dead after efforts to save his life failed.
Though he lived a short life, his style of rap is still influencing the music scene. Artistes like Olamide, lil Kesh, Phyno, Reminisce and many others are some of the best examples of Dagrin's influence on the Nigerian rap scene.
Here are some of Dagrin's songs that have remained on people's play list six years after his death, same reasons his memory will always live.
1. Pon Pon Pon
3. Thank God
4. Ghetto dreams
5. If I die
6. Dagrin on Jimmy Jump Off
8. Moti gboro
10. Mercies of the lord
- Actress Bianca Ugowanne Thanks Nollywood Producers
- Yvonne Jegede Makes Directorial Debut With “Separa
- Jurio Luti Unveils it's Suit Collection titled Bra
- Programme Announced as Registration opens for the
- Yomi Casual features Zack Orji and Son in latest 2
- Video: Yxng Jiggy - No Gidigidi ft. Luchiez
- Africa Home Again: Zakisha releases another banger
- "Ohun Asiko” - Jurio Luti Puts Its Best Pieces on