90% of Nigerian Artistes Know Nothing About Music…Daniel Wilson
Ace reggae singer, Daniel Wilson, is currently not happy with the kind of music that is being chunk out on daily basis from the young Nigerian artistes.
According to the singer who is also being known as Mr Raggamufin, he grew up listening to good songs from the likes of Mike Okri, Evi Edna Ogoli, Majek fashek and others, but today the style of music has changed to a poor state.
He explained that after taking a brief survey with some of the young Nigerian singers, many of them do not understand what music in Nigeria is all about.
In his words, “Music can mean anything to anybody, but I dare say, I grew up listening to the best Nigeria had to offer, what I listen to these days break my heart. Times without number I sit down and ask a couple of young musicians I meet, what they know about music in Nigeria, which artist did what, and I dare say, 90 percent of the musicians of these generation lack a proper historical knowledge of the industry, how can you talk of building a better industry and hope to be celebrated when you don't even celebrate those who was there before you.
He noted that it is so sad that foreigners are now the ones that sees the value of Nigerian music and try to blend it with theirs by packaging it well to meet their taste.
“As children we danced to greats like Evi Edna Ogoli, Daniel Wilson , Mike Okri , The great Majek Fashek, Lijadu Sister, Monomono, Bala Miller, Blackky Inyang. But it's funny how the American's will appreciate our past better than us, Sample and repackage what was ours and sale to us.
A lot of hiphop artists from the Wu tang clan, to Jay Z have sampled our sounds, not because they want sale in Africa but because our sound is a sound very pure, genuine and original. Wonder why Wizkid's Ojuelegba is the biggest sound to come out of Nigeria in 2015? listen to it again and tell yourself the truth,” he said.
- Burnaboy Breaks Silence After Davido Calls Him A N
- Meet A Lady Who Drank Hypo After Her Boyfriend Dis
- Tonto Dike Celebrates 38th Birthday With Expensive
- Cameroon Sensation Naomi Achu Unveils Captivating
- Mokoomba - “makisi” Single Out Today
- Past Glory- Portable Launches A Revengeful Backlas
- Small Doctor "Portable has always been my boy"
- Davido Ignores Burnaboy And Acknowledges Wizkid As
- Bobrisky Ex-Pa Reveals That He Slept With Her Ever
- Five Corp Members In Cross Rivers Reportedly Drown