BET Awards: Organisers Slam African Artistes
The 2015 edition of BET Awards will not be easily forgotten because of the outrage that followed it in Nigeria, which was mainly spurred by Nigerian artistes, who did not win in their award category.
First, Dencia criticised the organisers, accusing them of presenting the BET Best International Act: Africa award before the main event started.
Later, Yemi Alade and Wizkid gave their views on the event, which generated wild criticisms.
But the BET Director, Lilian N. Blankson, has cleared the air on some of the issues raised. She accused African artistes for not doing enough to sell their brands to the global world.
According to her, “First of all, tell the truth and stop tweeting lies and mis-truths. There has never been a backstage presentation of any award. Pre recorded. We need to work hard and get our music on the radio here in the US. How do people respect your brand when you are not on the radio?”
“Make your music more internationally appealing. Think of ways to get all audiences invested. Oliver Twist is a great example. Universal story,” she added.
READ ALSO: Iyaloja of Ijebu Ode assassinated
Click And Read More From Newstrack.ng
- Some more: Nigerian singer MC Wallywa's song debut
- Idia Aisien is Blanck Magazine’s Cover Star: Talks
- 'Eyimofe’: Twin Directors’ impressive Feature Debu
- Lydia Forson, Zynnel Zuh & Naa Ashorkor struggle w
- Ria Kosher Drops New Collection Tagged 'Loud Silen
- Censors Board, filmmakers harp on effective imple
- Iyo: Diamond Platnumz uniting Africa with new song
- Nkechi Blessing Unveiled As Titan Farms Brand Amba
- Watch Multiple Award-winning Artiste Burna Boy In
- Nigerian Idol: How to Discover A Nigerian Star