Yemi Gives More Reasons She Lashed Out On BET Awards Organisers
After popular singer, the Jonny Crooner, Yemi Alade, lost out in the recently concluded prestigious BET Awards, she angrily vented out on the organisers.
Shedding more lights on what prompted her lash out, Yemi said she did as a result of malice, she felt African artistes deserve better.
“To be honest, we do not want to talk about the BET saga again. The reason I voiced out was because I felt Africans deserve better treatment; we put a lot of work into our craft and we deserve to be celebrated like our colleagues abroad. They should not just nominate Africans and give us our awards in private, we should also be celebrated and mix with our colleagues abroad.
Beyond the ceremony and party, mingling with our colleagues at such events would also help us make new friends.
“It would be funny for people to say that my remark on social media was because I did not win the award. That would be a very wrong thought. The communication with them was not so pleasant.
They made it look as if they were doing us a favour. My thought on whether I would be nominated again at the BET Awards is very simple, God blesses and not man. If God keeps blessing me, you cannot hate but join the party,” she said.
- Spotlighting Rev. Cali Ugo Prince In Realm Of Pung
- Ndi Anambra Call On Maduka To Replicate His used A
- Biography of Nenny B, Award Winning TV Presenter
- Sandralia Hotel To Host Abuja All White Pool Party
- Nigeria Beauty Queen, Model And Philanthropist Xra
- Cardi B donnes Nigeria Inspired Outfit at Livespot
- Rapper Cardi B Parties With Burna Boy, Zlatan, Tiw
- Photos: Cardi B Visits Orphanage Home In Lagos