How Visa Issue Disrupted King Sunny Ade's USA Tour
From all indications, all efforts that has made by Nigerian juju music superstar, King Sunny Ade, to make his upcoming US tour a success have met with troubled waters.
The veteran star, known as the King of Nigerian juju music, was scheduled to kick off his trek in few days; July 15, but the ongoing visa delay has left him with no choice but to put off the gigs, including a set at Chicago, Illinois' Square Roots Festival.
This is due to problems created by the Embassy of the United States as they have been delaying in granting him a work permit.
According to Alisa Baum, from the Old Town School of Folk Music, the main sponsor of the event, they are beyond disappointed that King Sunny Ade has been forced to cancel his entire tour.
“As a passionate fan of African music, I was very excited about this show, which promised to be spectacular with over 20 musicians and dancers onstage," he added.
Click And Read More From Newstrack.ng
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For
- Check out Face of Candycity Culture Joy Oghenetega
- Faith Ajayi The Melanin Queen Nigeria stuns in new
- BBNaija Lockdown, others emerge most-watched TV sh
- Julian Marley, Master KG and other stars set for A
- 5 Trends to Follow in 2021 to Boost your Beauty Bu
- Chief Donatus Okonkwo And Family Celebrate New Ana
- Meet Temilarge, fast rising Nigerian Afro Pop Sing
- Canadian based Nigerian DJ/Producer DJ JISM shows