Ambassadorial Deal: MTN Exposes Timaya’s Lies
Few weeks ago, while some music stars were renewing their contracts with South Africa owned telecommunication, Timaya, the self-acclaimed Egberipapa 1 of Bayelsa was dropped.
However, when the 'Sanko' crooner was asked in a recent interview why he wasn't amongst the artistes that renewed their deals with the company, he gave the reasons that the company couldn't meet up with his conditions, so he had to drop them and move on.
Meanwhile, one of the followers of the communication company asked them on Twitter why they dropped Timaya, Wizkid and Sean Tizzle.
The company, in its response via a statement said, “Although there is a finite number of brand ambassadors we can have at any point in time, Nigerian artistes can continue to monetise their intellectual works through our distribution channels such as the Caller Tunez and Music Plus platforms. As was originally conceptualised, the ambassadorship will continually evolve to accommodate new talents and cater for diverse segments.
“This year, we are using a segmented approach and there will be ambassadors for each segment of our market. Using this criteria, new artistes like Cobhams Asuquo will be coming on board the MTN Ambassadorial family.”
In May 2015, stars including Davido, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr. Sid, Sound Sultan, Iyanya, Chidinma, BankyW, KCee as well as Saka, Osuofia, Mama Gee and others all renewed their contracts with MTN.
The list of those who won't be staying with MTN contains Nigerian pop stars like Wizkid, Sean Tizzle, and Timaya."
Click And Read More From Newstrack.ng
- Pere doesn’t stand a chance with Maria outside BBN
- Goz Captures Nigeria’s Vat Crisis With Dangerously
- Sensational gospel singer, Ese Bliss Biography and
- New Music: Stonebwoy Teams Up With Amapiano Croone
- ‘BBNaija house has broken and restored my faith’ -
- Chidi Nwaogu listed by YNaija among Most Powerful
- REVIEW: KOB sequel reflects Nigeria’s politics and
- ALBUM REVIEW: Omawumi addresses societal ills in ‘
- The first time I smoked ,I coughed, everyone laugh
- Watch the words you use in your songs — Yvonne Nel