Funmi Iyanya Frowns At NAFDAC’s Ban On Local Gin
Recently, the Director-General of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Paul Orhii, announced the ban on the sale of local gin popularly called 'ogogoro,' across the country.
He precisely made the announcement on Monday, June 8, 2015, stating that not less than 38 persons were feared dead from the consumption of contaminated local gin in Ode Irele, Ondo State and Rivers State few months ago.
Dr. Orhii added that the essence of the regulation is to protect the public health by ensuring only quality products that are safe and consumed in the country.
To many, it was a welcome development, not to famous Nigerian media practitioner, Funmi Iyanda, who pointed out that the local gin is the only drink manufactured in the country. She suggested to NAFDAC to find a better way of regulating its production.
Click And Read More From Newstrack.ng
- Nigerian US-based Media executive Akeju bags Afric
- Tension As Oba Solomon Threatens To Attack Naira M
- At Last! Legal Counsel Defends D'banj Over Fraud
- "My Father Needs To Apologize To My Mum" Actress E
- Sympathetic!! Popular Ghanian Comedian In Sorrow A
- Singer Hit 50 Million Views And Reveals The Magic
- ICPC Invited And Granted Bai To 10 Persons, Refute
- Thoughtful! Daddy Freez Has A Different Prodding V
- Terrible Reactions Surround Burnaboy's Procurement
- D'banj's Fraud Allegation And Present Plight