My Rags To Riches Story—Reekado Banks
The joy of being picked as the best out several people more talented would leave a sweet taste of triumph on the lips of anyone and Mavin Records act, Reekado Banks, is happy for being among the chosen.
But if you think the dreadlocks singer had it rosy, then have a rethink because Reekado Banks went through a furnace to become a refined gold or precious diamond he is today.
He revealed how he hawked on the busy Lagos roads just to raise money for his studio sessions and how his hard work finally paid off.
In an interview with My Super Star Story, Reekado Banks said he also had to overcome the fear of rejection, when he informed his parents of his plans to venture into music. The singer recounted how he was called a failure by his lecturer, who also prevented him from re-writing a test he earlier missed.
Banks, whose real name is Solomon Ayoleyi Hanniel, said he had to keep his dream alive when he hawked blenders in the traffic and doing some menial jobs to raise funds to fulfil his dreams of becoming a music star.
© 2015 Nollywoodgists.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the express written consent of the publisher
© 2015 Nollywoodgists.com
- Pere doesn’t stand a chance with Maria outside BBN
- Goz Captures Nigeria’s Vat Crisis With Dangerously
- Sensational gospel singer, Ese Bliss Biography and
- New Music: Stonebwoy Teams Up With Amapiano Croone
- ‘BBNaija house has broken and restored my faith’ -
- Chidi Nwaogu listed by YNaija among Most Powerful
- REVIEW: KOB sequel reflects Nigeria’s politics and
- ALBUM REVIEW: Omawumi addresses societal ills in ‘
- The first time I smoked ,I coughed, everyone laugh
- Watch the words you use in your songs — Yvonne Nel