Eku Edewor Sheds Light On 'Child Labour' Allegation
On-Air Personality, Eku Edewor was recently featured alongside Syndi8 Records boss, Lynxxx on the lifestyle cover of a popular newspaper, ThisDay, depicting the culture of the South-South region of Nigeria.
Both celebrities were shown in the picture of the cover dressed in a bride and groom native attires and ornaments worn in that part of the country.
But little did the fair-skinned lady know that the images would be interpreted as offensive to the sensibilities of her dark coloured fans.
Those who have reacted to the photographs claimed the picture bothers on 'slavery' and 'child labour' and critics have expressed their frustrations on it.
But she has reacted to the issue, explaining what the image actually means.
"An image depicts younger members of society helping a young bride as she walks the short distance to her new home.
"They carry small cases, some are relatives, wrapped in newly printed fabric to represent the bride's family.
"Other images reveal the beauty of our attire, our traditional dress, Jewellery and the beauty of our landscape,” she explained via Twitter.
- Pere doesn’t stand a chance with Maria outside BBN
- Goz Captures Nigeria’s Vat Crisis With Dangerously
- Sensational gospel singer, Ese Bliss Biography and
- New Music: Stonebwoy Teams Up With Amapiano Croone
- ‘BBNaija house has broken and restored my faith’ -
- Chidi Nwaogu listed by YNaija among Most Powerful
- REVIEW: KOB sequel reflects Nigeria’s politics and
- ALBUM REVIEW: Omawumi addresses societal ills in ‘
- The first time I smoked ,I coughed, everyone laugh
- Watch the words you use in your songs — Yvonne Nel