Dele Odule Celebrates 30 Years On Stage
Preparations are in top gear to mark Dele Odule's 30 years on stage. An accomplished theater practitioner, Odule can be described as an icon, especially in the Yoruba movie genre, of the Nigerian home video industry.
The celebration, coming up later in the year, is being packaged by Yemi Sonde Entertainment and the organizers have promised to make it an eventful celebration. As part of events lined up for the celebration, there would be a book launch and the commissioning of a studio which Odule will be donating to the Mass Communication Department of the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, where he is currently running a degree programme
Odule began his acting career 30 years ago with Dele Ogunsanya Theatre Group. A native of Oru Ijebu, Odule was educated at St. Mark Primary School and Itamerin Secondary School, Oru Ijebu. He also trained as a teacher at Muslim Teachers Training College, Oru Ijebu.
His love for acting, however, did not make him pursue the teaching profession for long and since his first appearance on television in 1982, it has been no drifting away from acting for Odule.
Odule, who has lost count of the number of productions he has been part of, however, said the movie Ti Oluwa Nile, produced in 1995, brought him to limelight. But apart from taking part in others' productions, Odule has also produced his own movies which include Oro Kanka, Lakunle Alagbe, Lagbondoko, and Baba Agba, among others.
- DJ Big N Laments At Nigeria's Economy, Labels It T
- Seun Sean Jimoh Surprised At Scarcity Of Food In N
- Saga Stands Behind His BBNaija Female Colleagues
- Portable's Baby Mama Labels Him Irresponsible
- Mr Macaroni Adds To Feud Between Burna Boy and Dav
- Undergraduate Strife With Economic Turmoil
- Actor, Odunlade Adekola Enthralls Fans With Nice P
- Israel DMW And Shallipopi Fortunately Escape Death
- Jaywon Slams Eedris Abdulkareem Amidst Ongoing Rif
- Fight Between Eedris Abdulkareem And Burna Boy Con