Reason: ‘Genevieve Nnaji & Omotola Jalade Are Currently Jobless’ – Obi Emelonye
This is really a shocking news,It will be recalled that the two Nollywood actress Genevieve and Omotola have not been frequent in movies and the last one Genevieve did, Dr. Bello was a flop at the box office. She was also sparingly used in Half of a Yellow Sun. Omotola has not done any major film in recent times. Her last major movie was Last Flight to Abuja about two years ago.
According to Obi Emelonye, producer and director of Mirror Boy and Last Flight to Abuja, this development is not due to the fault of the actresses rather, they have become victims of their own success.
In an exclusive chat with an online media, Emelonye said:
“Genevieve and Omotola are the two biggest actresses we have in Nollywood, they cannot afford to charge less than their status and that is where the problem comes in. Their charges are probably above what the industry can afford. Their charges are like half of the entire production budget so which producer can afford that?”
"What they can do now as it is with other big stars all over the world, is that they should begin to fund their own productions and act in them, they can act whatever role will enhance their brand, they need to start a production company now, and push themselves because they need to remain relevant and must not be seen as jobless. If corporate bodies perceive them as jobless they won't want to do business with them, they might even price them cheap.”
Click the link below to go to...
- Actress Bianca Ugowanne Thanks Nollywood Producers
- Yvonne Jegede Makes Directorial Debut With “Separa
- Jurio Luti Unveils it's Suit Collection titled Bra
- Programme Announced as Registration opens for the
- Yomi Casual features Zack Orji and Son in latest 2
- Video: Yxng Jiggy - No Gidigidi ft. Luchiez
- Africa Home Again: Zakisha releases another banger
- "Ohun Asiko” - Jurio Luti Puts Its Best Pieces on