Ibinabo Stops Tribute Nights Celebrations For Departed Veterans
The President of the Actors' Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Ibinabo Fiberesima has disclosed that the Guild will no longer hold Tribute Nights for the deceased actors or its dead veterans any longer. The former beauty queen revealed this while speaking with journalists in Lagos some weeks ago.
The Rivers State-born jewel stated further that it was becoming a habit in the industry to celebrate those who have put a lot into the movie industry and the entertainment industry generally after they must have gone to the world beyond, adding that she is not happy about such attitude.
Ibinabo stated this following the refusal of some members of the guild to key into her health scheme, which she promised to introduce during her inauguration in November 2012 at Club Rumour, Ikeja, Lagos.
“We are not doing Tribute Night anymore,” Ibinabo told newsmen. She stressed the need for actors to register for the health insurance scheme introduced by her through which they can get free treatments anywhere in Nigeria.
She urged members of AGN to support the scheme, while promising to do more to improve the welfare of AGN members.
Click the link below to go to...
- The Keik Foundation Visits Child Kidney Patient, F
- ChinneyLove Eze Hosts Celebrities to Pre-Release P
- Beauty Queen Testimony Williams Releases Photos, V
- Karen Obiwulu: The young sensational female Influe
- Former MBGN Queen Emmanuella Yaboh Rock Agbada for
- Miss-k, Crowned "100 Most Inspirational Women In T
- First Ever Startz Celebration Uncensored to honor
- Introducing Rose May Alaba: The Alaba Who Sings