Baba Suwe's Drug Latest: Appeal Court Stops N25m Damages!
The Court of Appeal in Lagos, has overturned the order of a High Court and stopped the N25million damages awarded to Nollywood actor, Babatunde Omidina, otherwise known as Baba Suwe.
Remember, last year, the Yoruba comedian, the High Court ordered the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA to pay the humorous actor N25m as damages for defamation of character over his detention by them for allegedly ingesting hard drugs.
However, his lawyer, Bamidele Aturu, has stated that he would appeal the ruling to the Supreme Court. Reasons for stopping the damages will soon be made available as soon as possible.
© 2013 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Actress Bianca Ugowanne Thanks Nollywood Producers
- Yvonne Jegede Makes Directorial Debut With “Separa
- Jurio Luti Unveils it's Suit Collection titled Bra
- Programme Announced as Registration opens for the
- Yomi Casual features Zack Orji and Son in latest 2
- Video: Yxng Jiggy - No Gidigidi ft. Luchiez
- Africa Home Again: Zakisha releases another banger
- "Ohun Asiko” - Jurio Luti Puts Its Best Pieces on