“I Didn't Attack The Media In Heroes & Zeros”--Gabriel Afolayan
One of Nollywood's fast rising actors, Gabriel Afolayan has disclosed that his role as an investigative journalist in the highly anticipated soon-to-be-premiered movie, 'Heroes and Zeros' is one of the roles he has enjoyed the most and that it is not a direct attack on the media.
Speaking on his role in the movie, 'Heroes and Zeros', Gabriel revealed that he has always believed in roles that teach moral and correct vices in the society.
According to the multiple award-winning actor from Afolayan scion, “For me, I believe that as an actor, I should be able to act any role no matter how demanding it is. The role I played in 'Heroes and Zeros' as a bad-boy journalist who goes about scooping people's dirty secret is one role I cherish because I was able to reveal some of the rots in the media.
"I believe it is a form of campaign against what I call 'dirty journalism' which believes that it is only the negative sides of celebrities and people in the limelight that should be reported. And the role is not a 'collective slap' on members of the fourth estate; it is just a movie exposing the rot in the system as a whole,"
Gabriel played the the part of an emerging reporter (Dibu Ijele) with Naija Scene, a weekly tabloid in the movie. Dibu believes that the only way to beat the competition is to scoop and sell dirt about anyone with a famous face or name. His theory eventually led to the downfall of Bimbo Manuel.
Bimbo Manuel, Nadia Buari, Gabriel Afolayan, Olu Jacobs, Norbert Young, Akin Lewis, Funsho Adeolu, Chervel Bridgette did their best in making the movie a must watch.
'Heroes and Zeros tells the story of the destructive pursuance of Tonia (Nadia Buari) by Amos Fele (Bimbo Manuel). Set entirely in Lagos City, Nigeria. It is a fictional film, yet it looks like a reality-based documentary.
Click the link below to go to...
- Ex Beauty Queen & Singer April Chidinma Dazzles In
- MUKHY TAKES US ON A CRUISE IN NEW VIDEO OF DEBUT S
- Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor Share Their Lov
- President Buhari reappoints Chidia Maduekwe to hea
- Falz, Praiz, Timaya, Others Grace The Willis Give
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For