James Ibori Gets 13 Years Sentence
A United Kingdom court in London has sentenced former governor of Delta State, Nigeria to jail for 13 years for money laundering.
Giving his judgement today, Justice Pitts, pitts was quoted to have said, "I recognise that there is another side to the man James Ibori, but he is not the proper person to judge your achievements and failings as a governor, that is up to the people of Delta State."
Ibori had earlier pleaded guilty to charges levelled against him in the UK.
His guilty plea reduced his sentence to 13 years instead of about 24 years he would have served if he had not pleaded guilty to the charges.
Ibori was cleared by a Nigerian court before pleading guilty to a London court.
645 days has already been deducted from his jail term, which he has already spent in jail. He will now spent about 7 years in a British prison.
Click the link below to go to...
- Ex Beauty Queen & Singer April Chidinma Dazzles In
- MUKHY TAKES US ON A CRUISE IN NEW VIDEO OF DEBUT S
- Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor Share Their Lov
- President Buhari reappoints Chidia Maduekwe to hea
- Falz, Praiz, Timaya, Others Grace The Willis Give
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For