WHY OMOTOLA MAY SHUN AMAA AWARD
She is regarded as one of Africa's best actresses by fans. And of course she has proved her worth over the years by excellently interpreting several movie roles. But despite this endorsement from fans, Nollywood star actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde may not exactly be in the best of moods at this moment.
Yes, it appears that Omo-Sexy is currently very angry and you would not need to search far for the cause of her anger. Just few days ago, the continent's most prestigious award, the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) announced its 2012 nominations in Gambia.
And while Nigerian actresses like; Nse Ikpe- Etim, Rita Dominic and Uche Jombo were nominated for the Best Actress in a Leading Role category, Omotola was nominated for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role alongside Empress Njamah and Thelma Okoduwa. Omotola was nominated for her role in Ties That Bind.
However, Cocktail Whispers gathered that the nomination for a 'Supporting Role' category was said to have angered Omotola as well as set tongues wagging online as many people are of the opinion that she is far worth more than that award.
It was learnt that the anger emanated from the fact that the actresses that comprised nominees for the Actress in a Leading Role category are not as 'big' as Omo-Sexy. Moreover, she is said to be a 'bigger' actress than the other actresses in the category she was nominated for.
- The ARÍHÍLÄM Collection by NONNISTICS
- COZA Pastor, Politicians, Celebrities, Beauty Quee
- Newly Unveiled CEO Face Of Domak, Vivian Lam Marks
- Celebrity Glamour As Ned Nwoko, Football Legends,
- Celebration Across UK, As Daughter Of MOP Presiden
- Queen Ruth Ujah Engages Support Initiative For Und
- US-based music icon, Derrick Ashong launches The M
- Actress Bianca Ugowanne Thanks Nollywood Producers