Juju Maestro, Monday John is DEAD
MONDAY Oluwafemi John, one of the pioneer members of Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey's band, Inter-reformers band is dead. He died at the General Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos after a brief illness.
He died twenty four hours before a proposed meeting with his former boss, Evangelist Ebenezer Obey who is soon to celebrate his 70the birthday. Monday John was expected to join the Inter Reformer band of Evangelist Obey on the eve of his birthday.
The Juju musician, who until his death was based in London, according to a family source, suffered a massive stroke last Wednesday and could not recover. He had been coming on and off some illnesses in recent years until his condition got more complicated.
The news of his death was confirmed by his eldest son, New York based Oluwafemi John (Jnr).
Monday was a musical powerhouse as one of the band members of Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey. His activities as a versatile guitarist earned him love and admiration across the world. He was a pioneer member and a moving force in Ebenezer Obey's legendary Juju band, Inter- Reformers band.
His musical talent and production arrangement ability was appreciated by millions of Juju lovers across the world. He handled the guitar with flare that helped in producing some of the classic records from Ebenezer Obey's stable.
His death is coming just as committee of friends announced last Thursday, that they would be celebrating Commander Obey as he clocks 70 years of age.
- “It is more than acting for me because I see him a
- Chude Jideonwo and Mfon Ekpo are set to visit Amer
- “I lost my baby after the reunion of the Real Hous
- I was Raped And Impregnated At 15 By My Uncle - T
- Shatta Wale, Wiyaala and others to light up summer
- Hilda Dokubo blames kidnapped Nollywood veteran ac
- Nollywood actors’ kidnappers demand $100,000 befor
- Kidney Surgery for Nigerian musician Eedris Abdulk
- “I don’t watch myself but I had to watch myself du
- Zack Orji Declares Support For Tinubu